List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: autorun?!
From:       Gav Wood <gav () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-19 9:36:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> One of the features KDE is missing is removable media automounting and I'm
> interested in implementing this. There are, however, some considerations on
> how it should be done. Below I list my ideas of possibilities for this
> implementation:

have already implemented it :-)

the ui at the moment is not an integrated as it should be, but it works
flawlessly, is simple and thus can be extended/integrated with ease.

it is not implemented as a kded module at the moment (though conversion would
be trivial), but a dcop service instead. reason for this is that it's not
completely trivial code (has two threads, has linux system calls) and thus
probably deserves its own process space.

as it is, it's mildly integrated into kde, has it's own kcm module, and will
run any command you care to run when a specific type of media is inserted
into one of the autodetected (or manually specified) optical drives.

i'll put it into kdenonbeta sometime today.

gav

--
Gav Wood <gav@kde.org>

codito ergo non satis bibivi