List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 3.1 Branch - compile problems on SUSE SLES8 - is this a
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2003-08-06 9:58:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
>I had to
>export LD_PRELOAD=<path_to_my_special_qt3>/libqt-mt.so.3
>compilation works now, but very slow (obviously ?)

Yes, because your compiler, linker, shell and everything else is being loaded
and linked with Qt.

>but also at runtime I have to set this variable. here I do not notice a
>slowdown of loading

You won't notice any slowdown there because Qt is loaded anyways.

>any idea where this strange behaviour comes from , I mean that the standard
> qt library takes precedence over whatever I specified.

You should make sure that the libqt-mt.so and libqt-mt.so.3 that is found by
your linker and your dynamic linker are the same and that they are the ones
from the Qt you've just built. Generally, you do that by editing /etc/ld.so.
conf.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom@mail.com