List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 3.1 Branch - compile problems on SUSE SLES8 - is this a
From:       Ferdinand  Gassauer <f.gassauer () aon ! at>
Date:       2003-08-06 6:26:49

On Monday 04 August 2003 21:59, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> On Monday 04 August 2003 21:39, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

> > > yes I have 2 more libqt-mt.so.3
> > > but
> > > as I have set QTDIR correctly (at least configure points to the right
> > > directories)
> > > I do not know why it does not   work
> >
> > my settings
> > export QTDIR=`pwd`/qt-copy
> > echo $QTDIR
> > export KDEDIR=/daten/download/kde31
> > echo $KDEDIR
> > export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib
> > LD_RUN_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib
> > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_RUN_PATH
> > QT_LIB=$QTDIR/lib
> > QT_INCL=$QTDIR/include
> > export QT_LIB QT_INCL
> >
> > can it be that a KDE script does not point to the rigth location ? How
> > can I check?
>
> after removing the 3.0.5 libqt-mt.so.3 it compiles
> but still I wonder why it does not take the files form $QTDIR.

I had to
export LD_PRELOAD=<path_to_my_special_qt3>/libqt-mt.so.3
compilation works now, but very slow (obviously ?)

but also at runtime I have to set this variable. here I do not notice a
slowdown of loading

any idea where this strange behaviour comes from , I mean that the standard qt
library takes precedence over whatever I specified.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ferdinand Gassauer