List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Release: Music Manager Konqueror Plugin
From:       Christian Loose <christian.loose () hamburg ! de>
Date:       2003-07-10 16:47:45

Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2003 03:25 schrieb Avi:
> Hi,
>
> I developed a Konqueror plugin to help me organize my large number of
> MP3, Ogg files.
> I'd like to release it here to the developer comunity before I put it as
> public.
>
>      http://avi.alkalay.net/software/musicman/
>
> It is still beta, but please comment.
> Thank you,
> Avi

Hi Avi,

I really love your app. I think it will be very valuable addition to KDE and
IMHO it could be added to kdeaddons when it's over its beta state. Especially
the CD cover and HTML index functionality was one of those things I was
looking for since a very long time.

Some problems I encountered:
 - the desktop file 'musicman.desktop' wasn't installed by make install
 - I had to install the template directory for the CD cover, etc by hand
 - The order of the buttons in the 'HTML Index and Cover Creation' dialog is
incorrect (see KDE style guide on http://developer.kde.org).

And I have one suggestion: It would be nice if the items in konqueror's
context menu where in a submenu (like 'MusicMan >'). The context menu is
already pretty big and the items would be easier to spot.

Keep up the good work. :-)

Christian

--
Christian Loose