List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: autoconf and automake problems
From:       Aivar <aivar () tooming ! ee>
Date:       2003-07-10 10:33:18

Juan Luis Baptiste kirjutas N, 10.07.2003 kell 02:36:
> Hi,
>
> I installed autoconf 2.5x the other day in my mdk 9.1 box, and I kind of
> messed up things. Now, in KDevelop when I tried to change my project's
> version number, kdevelop showed an error about it couldn't run the configure
> script. Now when I try to run ./configure I get this error:
>
> configure: error: can not find sources in . or ..

I had the same situation while ago and I did quite a lot of research
about the issue on Google. It seems that it is impossible to use
KDevelop stable release with autoconf 2.5 on Mandrake ( I'm not sure
who's to blame, but at least Mandrake folks believe this is KDevelop's
problem ). I ended up using Gideon ( KDevelop unstable ) which works
quite nicely for me.

> I tried running autconf-2.13 again with no luck.
> Can any one  help me with
> this? also, where can I find a good guide about autoconf and automake?

If you want to learn more about GNU Autotools then I suggest to look at
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html
HTH,
Aivar