List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Tab switching on close....
From:       "Gaston, Derek Ray (UMR-Student)" <dgaston () umr ! edu>
Date:       2003-06-23 0:02:32

Not sure if this has already been addressed - but it is something that has bothered \
me for a real long time...  Which tab gets switched to when you close one in Konq.

To the average user it looks almost random - sometimes it goes to the tab on the left \
sometimes to the right. (In most other tab enabled programs (such as mozilla) it \
always goes to the right).

I dug in today to see if I could figure out why - and frankly I can't.  But I was \
able to create a patch to fix it so that it always acts just like mozilla.

The patch is against kdebase-3.1.2.tar.bz2 and is for \
kdebase-3.1.2/konqueror/konq_viewmgr.cc

Here is the diff:

549a550,560
> else
> {
> int iTab = tabContainer->currentPageIndex();
>
> if( iTab == tabContainer->count() )
> iTab--;
> else
> iTab++;
>
> tabContainer->setCurrentPage( iTab );
> }

What is there is pretty self explanatory.  It is surely not the best way to do it - \
but it was the easiest (for me).  Most of the code came out of activateNextTab().

I would be interested in knowing if this topic has come up before - and/or if there \
is already a fix for it in Current.

Thanks,
Derek