List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Hex editor widget
From:       Russell Miller <rmiller () duskglow ! com>
Date:       2003-06-20 22:45:36

I would also be interested in such a widget - one of the apps that I have
written, kbview, would benefit greatly from such a widget.  What I would
like to see (not a list of demands, but a list of wishes):

1.  ability to work on an arbitrary pointer.
2.  ability to set read-only or read-write
3.  ability to edit by changing the values directly in the view widget,
OR by changing the characters in the ".... ...." to the right
4.  ability to delay committing changes without confirmation (ie, working
in a separate variable)
5.  a kpart is nice, but I'd also like to use it as a compile-time widget.
6.  variable monitoring - ie, if the variable is modified externally, to
update the widget in real-time (well as close as practicable, there are of
course limits)

That's just my two cents.

--Russell