List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Integrating BitTorrent
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2003-06-07 1:25:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Tim Jansen wrote:
>But what's the alternative? That you need to know whether your have a BT or
> a regular link before clicking on the file (How could Konqueror
> display/mark them?)

No, a download client should pop up. A torrent is not a regular download,
therefore it involves a download client. If we integrate into KGet, it would
make sense. Besides, it's not always a download: you can fire up a torrent
just for seeding -- and you can't know that beforehand.

>All I want is to click on a link and get the file that I want. As a user I
>dont care about the rest.

That is, you see the download client open, the download progress, end; then
the upload continue and then you finish it when you feel you've done your
part.

I agree wholeheartedly that we should integrate the download into KDE. I just
don't see how we would benefit specifically from an *ioslave*. Maybe if you
give me an example of how it would work, from the moment of the downloading
of the original .torrent...

>You could, by default, let it run in the background for a while without
>showing the dialog.

How would it decide when to end?
--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom@mail.com