List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KGpg for KDE 3.2
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-16 21:09:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Sorry for the late answer. I just noticed this thread as it was
mentioned on kde-core-devel.

Please cc me if you answer as I don't read kde-devel regularly.

On Saturday 08 March 2003 04:18, bj@altern.org wrote:
> Ok, i will try something like this. My main concern was to have
> clipboard operations as easily accessible as possible (just because
> that's the one i mostly use). I will move them in the right click
> menu... and leave left click for the key manager.
> But that also means i really have to improve the opening speed of the
> key manager window :-/

If you haven't solved this yet then the following might work. I guess
the window doesn't open very quick because it reads all keys before
showing the window. If this is the case then you should delay loading
the keys. One way to do this would be to start a single shot timer when
the window is opened and when the timer times out then you read the
keys.

Sorry for asking a stupid question instead of trying kgpg: Does kgpg
support gpg-agent and the pinentry program? I. e. does kgpg notice that
gpg-agent is running and that it will ask for the passphrase so that
kgpg doesn't need to ask for it? As everybody who uses KMail with the
crypto plugins will be running gpg-agent, kgpg must support the usage
of gpg-agent. If it already does then please forget that I asked.

Last but not least, I'd like to say that I'm all for adding kgpg to KDE
3.2. This would allow me to close all those wishes for adding OpenPGP
key management to KMail.

Regards,
Ingo