List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KGpg for KDE 3.2
From:       Jens Benecke <written_030307 () jensbenecke ! de>
Date:       2003-03-08 22:29:00

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 01:40:58AM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

>  o have the key management window appear quicker. it takes >10 seconds here
> while `gpg --list-keys` takes just over a second.

YES. Please provide a progress bar when reading keys, or make it a LOT
quicker. I have a few hundred keys in my database and on my AthlonXP
1800+ with 512MB RAM loading the key database takes almost a minute!

>  o show which key is your current default key. maybe some colour in the
> listview to show trust levels.

I'd like to be able to group the keys according to where they come from
(Debian maintainer keys, friends' keys, business relations keys, etc)..
but this would need to be saved in a way that doesn't invalidate it when
you use a different app to change the key database.

>  o generation of revocation certs

Yes please!

>  o be able to right click on a signature for which you don't have the
>  pubkey locally and select "Import From Keyserver.." or "Export To
>  Keyserver" for keys you do have

Also has my vote.

>  o a real UI for editting keys. the konsole approach works for now =)

oh well =;)

>  o integration with the addressbook (someone else mentioned this as
>  well i see)

and perhaps with LDAP - so that centralized key management becomes
possible. Something like Debian uses.

--
mfg, Jens Benecke

http://www.rb-hosting.de - Webhosting mit Extras
Werbefreies Hosting ab ¤7 - SSH ab ¤19 - Konkurrenzlos günstiger Traffic