List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KGpg for KDE 3.2
From:       bj () altern ! org
Date:       2003-04-17 0:23:30

Hi!

> I guess
> the window doesn't open very quick because it reads all keys before
> showing the window. If this is the case then you should delay loading
> the keys. One way to do this would be to start a single shot timer when
> the window is opened and when the timer times out then you read the
> keys.

Could be a good idea, I will try it...

> Does kgpg
> support gpg-agent and the pinentry program? I. e. does kgpg notice that
> gpg-agent is running and that it will ask for the passphrase so that
> kgpg doesn't need to ask for it? As everybody who uses KMail with the
> crypto plugins will be running gpg-agent, kgpg must support the usage
> of gpg-agent.

The last time i thought about trying to add support for gpg-agent, i was told
that the pinentry program was buggy, and that it was a real pain to install &
configure everything, so i decided to delay work on this for a while, but if
it now works well, i could start to work on it, as this is a much wanted
feature...

> Last but not least, I'd like to say that I'm all for adding kgpg to KDE
> 3.2. This would allow me to close all those wishes for adding OpenPGP
> key management to KMail.

:) I would be happy if it happens

regards