List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Testers needed for new ksplash and userinfo
From:       Stefan Hellwig <stefan () stefanhellwig ! de>
Date:       2003-04-10 20:15:49

Hi!

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 23:40, Ravikiran Rajagopal wrote:
> [...] Could you please update and test? [...]

After flipping through the thread about the new ksplash I also decided to
give it a try (today's CVS version), and I must say that I really like it.
Thank you very much for this piece of software!

There's just one thing about it that keeps annoying me a little, and I'm
not sure if this has been mentioned before or not: when you use a "full
screen" theme, like "XpLike" or "MacX" for example, (my) kicker comes up
while the KDE session is still being loaded. The result is that kicker
sits in front of any ksplash images on the bottom of the screen. This just
doesn't look nice with the images being blocked by kicker. Is there
something that can be done about this? Is this just a setting somewhere or
is kicker just starting too early (or is ksplash too slow)?

I know that the current/old ksplash also used to show that behavior (still
running while kicker is already there) but there it doesn't matter that
much because it doesn't have any full-screen themes that could be
"blocked" by kicker.

Regards, Stefan.
--
The Jenna von Oy WebSite - http://www.jennavonoy.com/
Run by fans, for fans, in cooperation with Jenna von Oy!