List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Amount of KDE Developers?
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 17:51:48

aegir@linuxfrench.net wrote:

[ ... ]

> You may ask to kde.com how many active users are registered on apps.kde.com

The registered users are not so important (it mainly has to do w/ being able to
save some configuration settings) but the app releases are, and there is a
dynamic stat table for that at:

  http://apps.kde.com/uk/2/announcements

While the last few days were atypical with some delays due to the 3.1 release,
you can see there are 832 KDE 3 apps currently registered, as well as 202 Qt 3
apps.

Based on some quick hacking, and I note that we are pretty conservative who we
list as an "Author" on the site (essentially kabout addAuthors go in and
addContributor do not), a quick script reveals that there are about 1,350
authors for those KDE 3 apps registered.

[ ... ]

Ciao,

Dre