List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Ui enhancements
From:       Tim Jansen <ml () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2003-01-26 11:30:51

On Sunday 26 January 2003 05:52, Michael Kreitzer wrote:
> different types of problems in computers is a tree.  There are many more
> out there. The trick is finding a sensible and easy to use organizational
> structure to put all of those options into, not avoiding the problem by not
> including them at all.

The problem with that is that the user doesn't know where to find the option
in the tree. If you search for an option, and it is not in the category you
expect you to be at, do you stop searching, or do you go through all
categories in the hope to find it? I do the latter.
(Yesterday was the last time that I had this I had this problem: I tried to
find out how to disable the 'smart' window open policy in Konqueror. Where
can I find it? For me, the logical place was 'Behaviour'. But it was in
'JavaScript'... )

bye...