List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Ui enhancements
From:       Laur Ivan <laur.ivan () corvil ! com>
Date:       2003-01-24 9:53:42

Hi Luke,

Ive tried drop shadow (an offset for the halo) but I normally keep small
fonts with the desktop icons and sometimes (especially with aa fonts)
looks a bit unreadable. also, Troels has a good point with having
appropriate colors in the text and background. I think is a no-no for
8-12 px text.

However, i'm sure the offset of the shadow can be arranged for a drop
shadow via a tab in desktop's config panel containig an offset/angle or
something :).

I'll check out what's the best way to add the customisation to the
desktop config panel. I'm thinking on adding a button for "advanced" and
popping up a dialog. An alternative would be to extend the "Appearance"
tab in the desktop config.

Cheers,

Laur