List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror startup timed (Was: Re: RFC: Startup speed of Konqueror cvs HEAD - benchmark)
From:       Jesse Barnes <jbarnes () sgi ! com>
Date:       2002-12-06 23:08:13

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 03:24:03PM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> The same is true when opening something in a new tab.  When you do this,
> there is a pause while nothing appears to happen.  While in Mozilla, the
> new tab appears immediately and even though all it says is: "Loading"
> for a while, this appears faster.

This is one feature I'd really like to see added.  On Mozilla when you
open a link in the background, a new tab immediatly appears and an
indicator tells you whether the page is loading or is done loading,
which is great.

There's also an annyoing flicker when a new tab is opened when none were
present.  I usually avoid this in Mozilla by always showing the tabs,
even if there's only one.  That would also be a nice thing for Konqueror
to have.

Of course, all this probably has to wait until the new tab widgets are
done...

Thanks,
Jesse