List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some questions about KDE
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-12-02 19:19:09

Tran Dang Minh wrote:

 > 1. What's the differences between Kword in  KDE 2.2 (redhat 7.2) and
 > Kword in KDE 3.0 (redhat 7.3) ( ofcourse, in displaying a string ) ?
 > I mean the functions and the way that the system try to display ...
 > I think there's  some differences .. but I can not solve My program
 > which was written in Redhat 7.2 is run well but When I try to run in
 > Redhat 7.3 it can not function normaly like in KDE 2.2

The Kword program for KDE-2 and the Kword program for KDE-3 are
completely different programs.

Kword for KDE-2 is a distinct application.  However, KDE-3 is actually
a front end for the editor from Kate.  And, Kate is fully able to handle
UniCode fonts.  So there is probably a considerable difference between
the way the two handle strings.

--
JRT