List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Why is KDE so _slow_?
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-11-15 23:26:19

On Friday 15 November 2002 23:17, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Friday November 15, 2002 02:28, Rolf Magnus wrote:
> > I didn't talk about the ELF prelinker. There are three things involved
> > here: objprelink, the ELF prelinker and combreloc. combreloc obsoltetes
> > objprelink, not ELF prelinking (which is something different). combreloc
> > also doesn't produce any of the "inconveniences" you quoted from the
> > page.
>
> Could you please give us a pointer to some information on what you're
> talking about then?

combreloc is the "-z combreloc" option that ld of binutils 2.12 and up provide
to speed up relocations. See
http://objprelink.sourceforge.net/objprelink.html
It does comparisons between objprelink and combreloc.

--
This project is so important, we can't let things that are more
important interfere with it.