List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Why is KDE so _slow_?
From:       CP Hennessy <CP.Hennessy () iname ! com>
Date:       2002-11-15 23:16:56

On Friday 15 November 2002 21:42, Rolf Magnus wrote:
> That reminds me of that idea that came up some time ago to try and write a
> list of open konqueror windows to a file on crash and reload that when
> restaring konqueror. Seems it never got implemented.

Not quite true.
In kdeaddons there is a konq plugin called "crashes" which
reads all of the files from /tmp/kde.<username>/konqueror-crash-*.log.
However I think that it's really only a work in progress as it
really only logs opening and closing of web sites, has no recognition
of multiple tabs, and has no automatic reload of sites on restart.
What you do have is an menu button in the "Tools" menu
which when clicked brings up a menu containing all of the filenames
found in /tmp/kde.<username>/konqueror-crash-*.log which can
be quite alot, to the point of being unusable.

There is a good start but many features are missing and usability
needs to be improved.

CPH