List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KEditToolbar
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2002-09-14 5:50:11

I'm having strange problems using KEditToolbar. I suspect that it is not
isolated to my application, since I see the same behavior in kpaint.

What happens is that when I edit the main toolbar and click OK, *only* those
items selected in the dialog or explicitly listed in the rc file are shown.
Am I supposed to be listing all desired items in the rc file, including the
default items like file_open and stuff?

Here's the relevant code:

void Controller::actionConfigureToolbars()
{
    saveMainWindowSettings(KGlobal::config(), "MainWindow");

    KEditToolbar dialog(actionCollection());
    connect(&dialog, SIGNAL(newToolbarConfig()),
            this, SLOT(applyToolbarConfig()));
    if (dialog.exec()) {
        createGUI();
    }
}

void Controller::applyToolbarConfig()
{
    applyMainWindowSettings(KGlobal::config(), "MainWindow");
}

And here's the rc file:

<!DOCTYPE kpartgui SYSTEM "kpartgui.dtd">
<kpartgui name="myappui" version="1">
<ToolBar name="mainToolBar"><text>Main Toolbar</text>
  <Action name="help_whats_this" />
</ToolBar>
</kpartgui>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.