List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: multithreading (dcop)
From:       Fred Malabre <fmalabre () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-08-20 18:12:41

Do you lock any resource while you play the message?
In other words, would it be possible to play several
messages simultaneously?
If yes, then you should definitly go with the option
of starting a new thread each time you play a message.
Obviously, it will use more CPU if you do more work
for a given time. But the overall usage of the CPU
will be the same (CPU load higher for a short time, or
lower for a longer time).
If you lock a resource and can not play simultaneous
message, then go with your message queue, for which
you will have synchronization to do between your
threads.

Fred.