List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Arts configure problem
From:       Tim Wunder <tim () thewunders ! org>
Date:       2002-08-20 17:04:07

OK,
I'm only asking on this list because I can't seem to find the answer in IRC or \
newsgroups.

1.) I can't get arts-1.0.3 to configure properly. configure insists that I don't have \
libaudiofile installed, while I most certainly *do* have it installed. I've \
configured, compiled and installed arts-1.0.2 without issue on this very machine. The \
message I get after completing ./configure is: You're missing libaudiofile. aRts \
won't be able to load or play any samples without it, so please install it.
Have a look at http://oss.sgi.com/projects/audiofile/ or find a
binary package for your platform.

I have the following audio related RPMs installed:
$ rpm -qa|grep audio
audiofile-0.2.3-1
libaudiofile-0.1.9-3
libaudiofile-devel-0.1.9-3
libaudiofile-utils-0.1.9-3
audiofile-devel-0.1.9-0_col_1
gnome-audio-1.4.0-1col

I installed audiofile-0.2.3 yesterday in an attempt to address the problem by \
installing a newer libaudiofile version. It was compiled from source and installed \
using checkinstall.

I would enter a bug, but bugs.kde.org doesn't seem to want bug reports for arts and \
http://www.arts-project.org/ doesn't seem to have a link for entering nbugs \
pertaining to arts.

I posted a message on the arts mailing list yesterday, but no one has responded to \
that.

Regards,
Tim