List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: setup script: help needed
From:       Bart Symons <bart.symons () skynet ! be>
Date:       2002-08-20 18:26:35

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 15:18, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 August 2002 01:02, Bart Symons wrote:
> > I wrote a bash script that allows users to right-click CDROM iso files
> > from within KDE and mount it as a virtual CD in his/her home dir
> > (screenshots see http://users.skynet.be/top/virtualcd/index.html).
> >
> > The problem is that I need to insert a line in the existing startkde
> > script in a very specific place, ie. I must insert 1 line near the end of
> > the startkde script in between "kwrapper ksmserver --restore" and
> > "kdeinit_shutdown".
>
> I think you want to unmount the isos when the user logs out. Then maybe see
> a recent discussion, where the same thing was asked for. The proposed
> solution was to make an Autoshutdown folder like Autostart, and put your
> script there.
>
> You just have to lobby the relevant developers to add the support for that
> folder.
> Of course that is a new feature, and will make it only to kde 3.2. But
> thats better than nothing.
>
> Regards
> Zsolt

> >> unsubscribe <<

Hi Zsolt,

I know about the Autoshutdown folder because I raised the question myself ;-).
You are right that I want to unmount the isos when the user logs out.
Check http://users.skynet.be/top then you'll see what I mean.
Don't download the current version of VirtualCD yet. I hope to release a new
version any day now which will be much easier to install then the current
v0.7.

In any case, I found a solution to modify startkde automatically.

Thanks for your help,

Bart