List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compile problem (./configure problem?)
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-07-09 22:20:14

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 10:03:14PM +0200, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Saturday 29 June 2002 15:44, Roland Seuhs wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I tried to compile kde-cvs on SuSE8 and get the following errors on kdelibs
> > and kdebase:
> >
> > /opt/kde2/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
> > index.docbook:7: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
> > ]>
> >  ^
> > index.docbook:9: error: Entity 'language' not defined
> > <book lang="&language;">
> >                       ^
> > index.docbook:9: validity error: No declaration for attribute lang on
> > element book
> > <book lang="&language;">
> >                        ^
> > index.docbook:11: error: Entity 'kaddressbook' not defined
> >
> > [... and so on ...]
> >
> > I can work around the problem when I exclude "doc" from TOPSUBDIRS in the
> > Makefile. I'm pretty sure that there is something missing/wrong with my
> > installation, so I suppose ./configure should complain about it.

I've also had this problem for a month or more (although in the last few
weeks I've been ignoring CVS and using the unofficial .debs).

> > "meinproc" which seems to be a XML-converter is only in /opt/kde2/bin, no
> > other version is found on my installation. $KDEDIR is not set in the
> > compile environment (which should be OK and default to /usr/local/kde, I
> > hope.) I've left alone Qt and use what came with SuSE8 (which should also
> > be OK as configure did accept it)
> >
> > Probably I need another "meinproc" version, where can I get it?
>
> Meinproc is in kdelibs (in the path kdelibs/kdoctools to be precise.)
>
> However, be careful to have full BZip2 support (including devel packages) or
> it cannot be compiled.

Do you have to have bzip2 support when you compile kdebase, or does kdelibs
require it to? I just installed libbz2-dev, but I think I had already
finished building and installing libkde.

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^