List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compile problem (./configure problem?)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-07-10 20:38:52

On Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2002 00:20, Eric Christopherson wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 10:03:14PM +0200, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > On Saturday 29 June 2002 15:44, Roland Seuhs wrote:
(...)
> > > "meinproc" which seems to be a XML-converter is only in /opt/kde2/bin,
> > > no other version is found on my installation. $KDEDIR is not set in the
> > > compile environment (which should be OK and default to /usr/local/kde,
> > > I hope.) I've left alone Qt and use what came with SuSE8 (which should
> > > also be OK as configure did accept it)
> > >
> > > Probably I need another "meinproc" version, where can I get it?
> >
> > Meinproc is in kdelibs (in the path kdelibs/kdoctools to be precise.)
> >
> > However, be careful to have full BZip2 support (including devel packages)
> > or it cannot be compiled.
>
> Do you have to have bzip2 support when you compile kdebase, or does kdelibs
> require it to? I just installed libbz2-dev, but I think I had already
> finished building and installing libkde.

As "meinproc" is in kdelibs, I do not think that you need BZ2 for kdebase. As
far as I know, meinproc is the only program that really needs BZ2.

However do not forget that meinproc handles the KDE documentation. So if it is
not compiled, you will not get the KDE documentation.

Have a nice day/evening/night!