List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE and Fonts
From:       Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <duncan () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-09 22:14:50

> As for reliance on proprietary fonts, if you want them so much you should
> go pay Bitstream or somebody for a set, instead of leeching off of
> Microsoft.  Go get a packager to work out a deal with one of the foundries
> to include a set of fonts at a volume discount.

M$ fonts are free for use, you just cant distribute them...
Debian solved this having a virtual package that download & install them for
you.
Anyway, I agree with Rob that having a way to fetch them and install localy
(as a user) would be cool :-) (not for me, I just do apt-get install
msttcorefonts)

Duncan