List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fundamental KDE Library Problem..
From:       Dominique Devriese <fritmebufstek () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-07-03 19:03:45

John Gluck <jgluckca@rogers.com> writes:

> And around and around we go. Where it stops nobody knows.
>
> I repeat I'll be happy to help...
> I need help from those who did original work.
>
> Proper documentation of various APIs is needed, and that seems to be most urgent as \
> well as a theory of operations for the various subsystems. Examples that come to \
> mind are aRTS DCOP and so on.
> Any of the developers willing to work with me on doing one of these??? I write but \
> someone needs to provide support. A starting point and some basic idea of what the \
> various files contain.
> This is an offer. The wheel stops turning.
>
> John

About the documentation: have you actually read the headers ?  Of all
libraries i have seen, KDE and Qt definitely have the best
documentation...
Just read the source, dive right in, and ask what you don't understand
(e.g. in #kde on irc.openprojects.net)
domi
PS : just a tip, but some of us (i.e. me) don't like your attitude of
"i am saving KDE from its developers' shortsightedness"...

--
Dominique Devriese
http://users.pandora.be/frit/domi.gpg