List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RTL and KDE vs. QT
From:       Arash Zeini <kde () farsikde ! com>
Date:       2002-06-30 14:36:10

On Saturday 29 June 2002 10:26, David Faure wrote:

[...]

> A few quirks remain, but on the whole I believe it's quite good.
> (Try CVS or koffice-1.2-beta2)

Hi David,

I am attaching a snapshot from KWord 1.1.1 in KDE 3.0.0. You will see that
the cursor is standing far away from the Farsi strings. And this distance
grows more, the more you type. This is not the case with Hebrew for example.
There is also a problem with the flow of the cursor over the text when mixed
with LTR strings. So it is very difficult to add and remove spaces/characters
when working with more than one language.

I know I have tried this on an older version and these problems are probably
fixed in the newer version, but due to slow connections, I didn't have the
time to download the newer version yet. I will try this too and give you my
feedback.

Greetings,
Arash
["kword.png" (image/png)]