List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RTL and KDE vs. QT
From:       Arash Zeini <kde () farsikde ! com>
Date:       2002-06-29 17:26:14

On Saturday 29 June 2002 10:26, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 29 June 2002 03:21, Arash Zeini wrote:

> > > Did you try KWord? ;-)
> >
> > I will try this again. I have tried it but am not sure about the result.
> > Your smily makes me believe it is good :)
>
> A few quirks remain, but on the whole I believe it's quite good.
> (Try CVS or koffice-1.2-beta2)

OK.

> > > Mostly Qt. But KDE apps which implement their own text layout stuff
> > > need to reimplement/reuse Qt's mechanism.
> >
> > Do KDE developers know this from a 'written' source? Is there any manual
> > out there in this regard?
>
> I'm afraid not.
> All of this comes from Lars' knowledge. Reading the sources for QRichText
> are the only way I know to extract this knowledge. I think I can answer a
> few questions on how it should work, now, though.

I asked, because I wanted to know, if there is a need to create such a
Howto. Specially with regard to upcoming applications and developers who may
want to know how to do this. If there is a framework for this, it is better
to have a documentation on it as well. Otherwise we have to trouble Lars all
the time :)

The question is only who will write this :) If someone helps, I will
volunteer to write or gather the documentation.

Greetings,
Arash