List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New OpenGL screensavers
From:       Karl Robillard <karl-robillard () cox ! net>
Date:       2002-06-29 22:13:07

On Saturday 29 June 2002 02:31 pm, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> mind giving few instructions how to compile this stuff, where to put it
> please?
>

> Thanks,
> Hetz

Assuming you can already build kdeartwork this will work:

  > cd kdeartwork/kscreensaver/kdesavers
  > tar xzvf /path/to/slick.tgz
  > make force-reedit
  > make kflux.kss
  > make keuphoria.kss

Copy the desktop files to ~/.kde/share/applnk/System/ScreenSavers/
I make symbolic links in /usr/bin to the *.kss files.
I'm not familiar with autoconf or the KDE directory structure so someone else
will have to tell you the proper way to go about all this.

BTW, slick.tgz has been updated with the "#include <time.h>" needed on some
systems.

-Karl