List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Session start application startup order
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2002-06-29 14:26:57

I notice that applications started in session startup phase 2 (using
X-KDE-autostart-phase=2 in the .kdelnk file) sometimes manage to start before
some of the applications started in the session restoration phase of session
startup. KAlarm is scheduled to start in phase 2, but also may be restored
from the previous session. The session restoration should always take
priority, but users have reported that startup is unpredictable. I have put
debug output into klauncher to verify that things were done in the right
order, and that showed kalarm being started both in session restoration and
in phase 2, even when the phase 2 kalarm command actually got in first.

Perhaps there should be a short delay before starting phase 2. Any comments?

--
David Jarvie