List:       kde-devel
Subject:    too many versins
From:       Hasanen <family () warkaa ! net>
Date:       2002-06-29 13:14:54

Hi

i am an application writer for KDE and linux in general. I would thanks
the
KDE developers team for this great Window Manager.

I would say some thing about releasing a new versions of KDE in a very
short interval of time.
The purpose of releasing a new versions is to produce an enhanced
version of the older one, a new features....
but this shouldn't done every month !
we know that there is a new enhancements and features in every version ,
but when KDE become very very stable then it
consider increasing the period between releasing new KDE.
You me wonder why ?
because we are ( The programmers ) confused very much every time a new
version is released because we will be afraid from
the compatibility problems, recompiling prob., a new unknown
bugs.....etc

till a very small program we build will take a few months and weeks of
beta testings .... and in the time of releasing it,
a new version of kde is released which has some features will not be
used in our program and a new recompiling problems will
pop-up.

I think you know understood what i mean.

thanks.

Hasanen.