List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [kde-devel] Problem with dialog buttons
From:       Stephen Allewell <stephen () mirramar ! fsnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-06-08 15:51:12

In a program I am writing I have a dialog box, that when one of the
buttons is clicked, the dialog disappears and the underlying window
which has code to process contentsMouseReleaseEvents is receiving this
event from the click on the dialog box, consequently causing a SEG
fault due to uninitialised variables that would have been set up in
the contentsMousePressEvent for that window.

Is this a general issue?  I have got around it by using a flag in the
window class definition and testing whether this window has received
the corresponding press event before processing the release event.

Is there a more elegant way of doing this?

I'm using KDE 2.2.1 and QT2.3.1

regards

Steve