In a program I am writing I have a dialog box, that when one of the buttons is clicked, the dialog disappears and the underlying window which has code to process contentsMouseReleaseEvents is receiving this event from the click on the dialog box, consequently causing a SEG fault due to uninitialised variables that would have been set up in the contentsMousePressEvent for that window. Is this a general issue? I have got around it by using a flag in the window class definition and testing whether this window has received the corresponding press event before processing the release event. Is there a more elegant way of doing this? I'm using KDE 2.2.1 and QT2.3.1 regards Steve >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<