List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mouse following buttons
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-06-01 6:57:04

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 12:38:38AM -0700, Jeff Roush wrote:
> This is a nice feature for many users, as long as it is an _option_.

Definitely.

> I've got RSI, and clicking the mouse hurts; so I wrote a KDE utility that
> clicks the mouse whenever it pauses.  I can't use KDE without my utility, but
> having the mouse jump around with new windows really throws it off.  This
> happened to lots of people under Windows with an earlier version of the
> program.

Hmm, that's really interesting! Does it work fairly well except for jumping
cursors? I don't have RSI, but I really dislike clicking things when I don't
have to, so I've thought about trying out gestures, but I'm not sure if that's
even up to date in KDE.

How do you handle double clicks? (OT, One of these days I need to sit down
with KDE and see if it's still got inconsistencies between using
single-clicking in some instances and double- in others, a big pet peeve of
mine.)

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^