List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Knotify question
From:       Sarang Lakare <sarang () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-04-23 23:00:42

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 5:29 pm, Richard Moore wrote:
> I don't think there's another solution.
How about a timeout for the displayed messages so that the message will remain
on the screen for say 10 seconds?

The best solution for notification I feel would be: an icon in the system tray
which will change when an email comes and shows a passive popup with a
message. This will be similar to kbiff etc. But the main difference will be
that this will notify when kmail fetches new emails (and will be a part of
KMail, not a seperate application). The main problem with kbiff and others is
that they just tell when tehre is mail on server. They do not tell when kmail
fetched them!

Sarang