List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KsCD with 3.0rc2 minor problems
From:       Christian Gebauer <gebauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-16 10:53:05

On Saturday 16 March 2002 11:27, Thomas Diehl wrote:

> > > No, it wasn't. Translated strings are often a bit longer than the
> > > English ones and eg many German strings were always cut off in KsCD.
> > > They are fine now in KDE3 (don't know about other languages, however).
> > >
> > > So whatever you do please don't cut them off again.
> >
> > The strings might not be cut off anymore, but at least on my system they
> > aren't readable at all now:
> > http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~gebauerc/kscd.png
> >
> > (default font size: 8)
>
> No such problem with Verdana 12 as default (in KControl, don't see any
> font setting in KsCD). No difference after changing default to Verdana 8.
> Resolution set to 1280x1024.

Yes, with Verdana as general font it looks ok (kscd chooses font size 4).
If Helevetica is choosen, kscd uses font size 2.

BTW: this looks broken:

KSCD::initFont()
..
..
  while (!fits && theSmallPtSize > 1)
  {
  }
..
..
  verysmallfont = QFont(KGlobalSettings::generalFont().family(),
theSmallPtSize-2, QFont::Bold);

I don't think that "0" is a valid font size.

Greetings
Christian