List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Cause of XRender/LD_BIND_NOW interaction found.
From:       ossi () mail ! kde ! org
Date:       2002-02-23 18:07:35

> Qt is neither XFree-specific nor KDE-specific.

i think that it's unarguable, that xf is by far the most used x
flavour around ...
and the problem is not limited to kde (potentially).

> And TT certainly doesn't want to include Linux-specifc (even x86-specific I
> presume) stack-modifying code in the core of their main product which
> therefore can have totally unknown consequences in other environments, such
> environments being those of their paying customers. What's more, the only
> reason to do this would be to work around a totally mundane bug.

you didn't get it.
a) this hack can't have side effects, on _any_ plattform. provided of course,
 that some other code is not broken, but that's something we can assume until
 the opposite is proven.
b) it would not be the first time that tt introduces a workaround for
 a plattform-specific bug (the whole windows-code is a workaround, you
 know. anybody who ever programmed win can confirm this :))).

greetings