List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Cause of XRender/LD_BIND_NOW interaction found.
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2002-02-23 19:14:42

On Saturday 23 February 2002 19:07, ossi@mail.kde.org wrote:
> > Qt is neither XFree-specific nor KDE-specific.
>
> i think that it's unarguable, that xf is by far the most used x
> flavour around ...

Yes, so what ? It's not used on any Unix except x86-based ones. TT doesn't
ship on Linux only AFAIK.

> you didn't get it.
> a) this hack can't have side effects, on _any_ plattform. provided of
> course, that some other code is not broken, but that's something we can
> assume until the opposite is proven.

"Assuming some other code is not broken" isn't something you generally do
when you have paying customers.

> b) it would not be the first time that tt introduces a workaround for
>  a plattform-specific bug

For a really critical bug yes, and even then I doubt the work-around involved
something like manipulating the stack.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org