List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: further kioslave queries
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-19 2:14:31

On Monday 18 February 2002 05:57 pm, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Looksing more at the problem I have with kio-mac on KDE 3 it seems that
> when I first call error() it is completely ignored and only the second
> call to error() from the ioslave is displayed.
>
> This is the case no matter where the error messages are when it calls
> stat().
>
> [Interestingly when I browse to somewhere else then click back it seems to
> just call get() and the error problem doesn't occur.]
>
> Does anyone have any idea why this could be?

Out the top of my head it can very well be that the code first tries a stat()
and that if that gives any errors those are ignored and a get() is tried
instead.

Calling error twice from stat() would be wrong though, because I suspect what
happens then is that the second error() call is considered to be the reply to
the get() that follows.

I haven't checked the source though, so I could be completely wrong :-]

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to it.
 -- Bob Bemer