List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail and message list color
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <email () jelmer ! cc>
Date:       2002-02-11 9:13:13

On Friday 08 February 2002 20:18, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 08 February 2002 03:07 am, Jelmer Feenstra wrote:
> > I don't think at the moment there is an option to turn this off. It's
> > called the 'alternate background in lists'-color in look 'n feel->colors.
> > However, I for one would also like to be able to turn it off, as I use an
> > inverted color scheme with kmail (dark background, white text) :(
>
> You can set the alternate background color equal to the regular background
> color, can't you?

My point is I used to be able to have a 'light text on dark background'
colorscheme for kmail (and knode) and use the more commenly accepted 'dark
text on light background' global colorscheme. As using such an inverted
colorscheme all over KDE results in numerous problems* (not much thought has
gone into allowing these schemes to be used) I was using it only with
specific applications (kmail, knode, kate etc). So, the problem lies in only
being able to set the alternate background color on a global scale :(

What would be the best solution, making this alternate color configureable
from kmail (knode, kate ...) as well ? Or (much harder) make adjustments all
over KDE (possibly Qt) that allow the use of inverted color schemes better ?

Jelmer

* Some elements of the KDE look are expecting a light on dark colorscheme and
look bad with inverted ones.