List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fast animated GIFs
From:       Rob Kramer <robk () starhub ! net ! sg>
Date:       2002-02-11 9:18:52

Hey,

I guess this has been discussed before, but I can't find much on it on google.
The problem is that QT plays animated gifs according to the spec, so zero ms
frame delay means *no delay* between frames. MS Internet explorer seems to
have a minimum delay, and people design their gifs to play nicely in IE - so
they play much too fast in konqi.

Would it be a good idea to allow the user to set a minimum frame delay
somewhere, as a sort of IE mimic mode (groan)?

Btw, in the 3.0 features list I found "Add GUI for configuring animated gifs",
but I can find no such thing.. Where should I look?

Cheers,

    Rob