List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ouch! what happend to the konqueror TAB key??
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-31 22:14:43

On Thursday 31 January 2002 23:50, Marten Klencke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 31 January 2002 22:49, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > Up until KDE 2.X - the TAB key had been helping me for login to various
> > web sites - type username, press <TAB>, type password, press <ENTER> and
> > viola - I'm logged in...
> >
> > Now the TAB key seems to do something totally different, donno even
> > why...
> >
> > Could the TAB key assignment be reverted to the same behavior (by
> > default) as it was on KDE 2.X please? I'm sure lots of people use it the
> > same as I do...
>
> I noticed that when I'm too fast for the computer, thus press TAB too fast
> after name-autocompletion, it simply enters the tab character (looks like a
> space) in te name lineedit. Maybe this is what you are experiencing?

Well, no.. I meant something else...

Up until KDE 2.X - when I was typing a username (or selecting from the
auto-complete one) and pressing TAB key - the cursor would jump to the next
field which needs to be filled (in my case - the password field) - thats ok..

Now with KDE 3 - this behavior is gone and pressing TAB points to the first
link (if I'm not mistaken)..

Hetz