List:       kde-devel
Subject:    results of zlib experiment
From:       dep <dep () drippingwithirony ! com>
Date:       2002-01-31 22:36:45

hmmm.

in order to get kdebase to compile, i upgraded my zlib to 1.1.3.
coincidentally, direct rendering, as reported by glxinfo, was
disabled (xfree-4.2 patched, g-400 card), and gl events got very
slow.

thinking that this might have been merely a coincidence, i reverted to
the old zlib and restarted x. direct rendering was now re-enabled.

i hope that the choice is not either direct rendering or the ability
to compile kdebase. my guess is that this is likely to annoy a lot of
gamers.

is there any way to patch around the zlib 1.1.3 requirement in
kdebase?
--
dep

There is sobbing of the strong,