List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qestion about QListView
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-30 19:33:22

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 14:36:14, Pascal Francq wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to create a QListView with 300.000 items in it. Actually, Qt needs
> several minutes (Pentium II 400 Mhz) to construct the tree. It is possible
> to make it faster with some obscur paramers? I have already setSorting(-1).
> Thanks in advance.

In KMail we create also only empty items without any text and set the text
only when it's actually displayed in paintCell().

For 80.000 items it takes 7 seconds here on a Pentium II 266 Mhz to populate
the listview plus parsing a 22MB file and a 5MB file that contains the tree
structure.

Regards,
Michael Häckel