List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qestion about QListView
From:       Aurelien Gateau <aurelien.gateau () mail ! dotcom ! fr>
Date:       2002-01-30 19:02:56

Le Mercredi 30 Janvier 2002 08:36, Pascal Francq a écrit :
> Hi,
> I need to create a QListView with 300.000 items in it. Actually, Qt needs
> several minutes (Pentium II 400 Mhz) to construct the tree. It is possible
> to make it faster with some obscur paramers? I have already setSorting(-1).
> Thanks in advance.
Not sure it will help you, but if the list contains so much items, you should
really choose another GUI layout to display them :-) Maybe add a text edit
widget above the list where the user can enter the first letters of what he
wants to select, then populate your list with only the items that match.

Aurélien