List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFileMetaInfo question
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2002-01-29 0:38:10

On Montag, 28. Januar 2002 20:40, Dario Abatianni wrote:

Hi,

> I'm trying to find out how to write and use a KFileMetaInfo-Plugin. I found
> the dummyplugin.cpp in the cvs and I think I know how to build a complete
> plugin around it but how do I install it and which program will actually
> make use of it? I tried to find something in my KDE3 installation but no
> program had something to say about meta info.

Currently, Konqueror will show tooltips in the iconview with the information
from the plugins. The listview is going to make use of it somewhen and Rolf
is also working on a page for the Properties dialog.

> If I understand this correctly you are supposed to get additional
> information on a file using plugins. But where does the user find them?

All this is still work in progress (mostly by Rolf at the moment), sorry that
there is no tutorial on that yet.

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer