List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Manual Autocompletion
From:       dep <dep () drippingwithirony ! com>
Date:       2002-01-17 23:19:25

On Thursday 17 January 2002 18:06, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
| > Woops -- my fault.
|
| I retract my "woops": How would you want it to work in the FileOpen
| dialog? Or in the Run Command dialog?

i don't think that there's justification for autocompletion in *any*
dialog.

| Also, I strongly prefer the automatical auto-complete.  It's
| uncommon that I have to press Backspace to get rid of part of it,
| and having to press a key to activate it eliminates most of the
| benefit for me usage style.

then you don't get around that much. autocompletion in konqueror has
yet to work the first time for me in taking me to where i want to go;
likewise, autocompletion in kmail. hitting a key to get the list
will, over the broader variety of users, save far more keystrokes
than it costs. as it is, it's a microsoftish "my way or the highway."
--
dep

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;