List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Attitude of some people
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-01-17 16:05:20

> I've had several arrogant reactions of people more or less explaining
me that
> 1 + 1 = 2 as if I am a complete and utter morron without any human
dignity or
> qualities just becasue I'm new to this compiling stuff (which is,
> pardonnez-moi le mot, a REAL pain in the A).

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience, and I have not seen
the thread which you mention, but I thought I would say something.

I think that sometimes people do come onto the KDE mailing lists and get
a negative reaction (I havent seen it too much I have to confess), but
nontheless it is not nice for the recipient of the reaction.

The way I see it is that if someone asks something politely then they
should expect a reaction politely. There are indeed people who are less
experienced and they should not be made to feel uncomfortable just as
much as developers should not be made to feel uncomfortable by users who
demand. Lets be nice folks. :)

       Jono