List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [FYI] gcc-3.0.3 & kde3
From:       Michael Ritzert <kde () ritzert ! de>
Date:       2002-01-09 12:46:11

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:28:05PM +0100, Daniel Engelschalt wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i just  wanted to let you know  that i built kde3's  kdelibs from 0601
> successfully  with  gcc-3.0.3 from  suse  for  their 7.1  distribution
> (minor  errors at  kiobase  - seems  work  in progress).   when i  was
> compiling kdebase from  the same day i encountered  a strange error in
> kicker after its sub-dirs were built:
> ld: /lib/libc.so.6 not found

I see the same thing, too! I thought it was my local setup.  I'm using a
current gcc HEAD CVS snapshot (3.1 experimental) and SuSE 7.2.  So using
gcc 3.x seems to be the common thing.
I've been able to link by capturing the link command and stripping all
occurences of -lc.  Unfortunately make ignores the fact that I manually
built the lib and retries building it.  I didn't find out where the -lc
comes from.  I deleted all occurences in ../libtool but that removed only
some occurences.

Michael